An interactive whiteboard is a tool that allows computer images and documents to be displayed onto a board using a DLP or LCD projector. It can then control the elements on the board by using his finger or pen directly on the interactive white board screen.
Interactive whiteboard tools upgrades classroom interactivity and collaboration, allows integration of media content into the lecture and supporting collaborative learning. These tools create a wide range of learning opportunities.
Interactive whiteboard can be a cost saver as this technology proves how one computer can provide learning tools to a whole classroom.
Examples of the features available when using an interactive whiteboard:
• Add annotations
• Highlight text
• Add notes and drawings and then save them to be printed out or share them.
• Show pictures and video’s and to the whole lecture hall. You can label parts or highlight elements of an image.
• Demonstrate the content available on a website and annotation of content.
Interactive whiteboards promote group discussion and participation of students. They are very effective tool for brainstorming as notes made on the screen can be turned into text or saved on desktop of computer. Notes can also be send to students through e-mail.
Categories of interactive whiteboard:
GENEE POWER BOARD ( PEN AND FINGER TOUCH)
EASY TO USE
Simply touch the Genee Powerboard with the Genee pen and run all computer functions, such as opening files, running digital video clips, or downloading free content from the Internet from the front of the class so there is no need to return to your computer and lose the students’ attention.
You can interact with the Genee Powerboard by using the pens provided, or even your fingers! The soft keys also enable you to programme short cuts for your presentation – making this one of the most affordable and content rich whiteboards around!
KEY FEATURES :
- Using advanced IR technology, the Genee Powerboard recognizes the pen or will recognize your finger and accurately track you anywhere on the screen.
- Available in 48”, 56”, 78”, 88” and 105”
- Surface is durable, cleans up easily and is coated to provide minimal glare.
- Annotate over any application and save your work.
- Select amongst three different pens with unlimited colour choices.
- Designed for distance learning and easily integrates into a complete conference network.
- Supports real time on-screen editing.
- Graphic tools allow you to define background selection and input custom graphics/images.
- Supports third party software applications.
- Create, edit and annotate over live motion video.
- Integrates seamlessly with portable document cameras, Genee Slate – writing tablets and Cens-Us and Genee Pad audience response system
GENEE PRO DIGITAL+ (PEN TOUCH ONLY)
The PRO Digital+ comes with 2 wireless pens, wall mounting parts, USB extended cable and optional stand and eraser
KEY FEATURES :
- SIMULTANEOUS – no need to divide the screen 2 users can use the screen at the same time!
- 2 pens!
- 20 programmable settings allowing you to customise your teaching style
- Available at 40”, 48”, 64” and 78” sizes
- Easy to use software
- Compatible with any leading software
- Stand available
GENEE SENSE (Makes Surface Interactive)